Welcome to our Official Website
Premier Diamond Tours was established in 1992 from an initiative by De Beers & the then Premier Diamond Mine, hence the name of the business, aptly named as Premier Diamond Tours.
Since then the mine has become known as Cullinan Diamond Mine.
We specialize in operating tours for large groups of South African & foreign tourists but also operate standard tours daily at scheduled times.
Exciting guided surface tours of a working diamond mine!
What Makes Cullinan Famous?
Since the discovery of diamond pipes in the world, it was established that the Cullinan Diamond Pipe is the oldest diamond pipe in the world. In 1905 only a mere 9 metres from surface the world’s biggest rough diamond the CULLINAN at 3106ct was found.
- The word diamond comes from the Greek word “adamas” meaning invincible.
- Cullinan Diamond Mine is a carrot shaped volcanic pipe and has a surface area of 42 hectares - about 40 soccer pitches.
- The origin of diamonds creates an atmosphere of mystique and romance.
- The Cullinan Diamond 3106ct was given to King Edward the VII on his 66th birthday from England. The diamond was posted to England under normal package post.
- A diamond is the hardest natural substance known to man (10 on the Mohs scale) where talcum powder being the softest (1 on the Mohs scale) softer than human skin.
- A 1.00ct diamond weighs .2g, the weight of the famous Cullinan Diamond 3106ct was 621.2g