SURFACE MINE TOUR
- Mon-Fri: 10h30 and 14h00
- Sat-Sun & Public Holidays: 10h30 and 12h15
- Or any other time with prior arrangement
Groups: any time of the day 7 days a week
ABOUT THE TOUR:
- Experienced Guide;
- An Exciting, informative, walking surface tour of a working diamond mine, including an introductory DVD in either English, French, German or Mandarin: which includes information of how diamonds were formed 1.2 billion years ago, plus underground and surface procedures;
- Diamond Display Room – replicas of world famous diamonds are on display;
- Life size “model” underground tunnel, guide explains the construction of tunnels underground;
- See shafts in operation – where Kimberlite Rock (diamond bearing rock) and man is hoisted from 934m underground to surface;
- Look out point of the Big Hole – where volcanic eruption took place;
- Jewellery Shop, where the end product can be viewed or purchased.
- One tourist per group larger than 10 people – wins a Replica of the famous Cullinan Diamond 3106ct.
VISUAL AUDITORIUM TOUR (starting soon)
- Duration: 45 min
- Explanation on aerial picture in auditorium
- Short DVD about:
- The Diamond Display Room;
- Model Underground Tunnel;
- Look Out point of the Big Hole lookout point (4 x bigger that the Kimberley hole).
UNDERGROUND TOUR (Available)
Please contact us for information, it changes on a weekly basis
Bookings essential on all above tours!
Closed shoes or sneakers/tekkies essential for surface tours – no shoes with open toes or heels allowed
- From the N1 North take the N4 towards Mpumalanga
- +- 30km take the Turn-Off towards Cullinan
- Follow the signs to Cullinan for 16km
- Turn left at Shell Garage
- Turn right at Wimpy (OAK AVE)
- Over a stop street, over a railway line, 3rd building on right is 99 OAK AVE
- PREMIER DIAMOND TOURS’s office is at the back of the building.
- 99 Oak Ave is GPS friendly
- Ask for LIZA on arrival